RE: Painting unit in high school

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (maggiet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 06:33:58 PDT

I do a value scale exercise; a color mixing exercise; a brush-stroke excercise; then follow with painting geometric shapes three-dimensionally (cast shadows, highlights). After that we paint still life objects, with one objective per day: background, foreground, laying in shadows; refining color, shape and shadow. Takes about two to three weeks @ 55 minute daily classes.