filing prints

---------

From: Jeryl W. Hollingworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 16:48:38 PDT

I have big folders made with white tagboard ( a local university donated
about 500 sheets to our school). Our high school has a service learning
class and I get a student-usually one of my former elementary kids,
every semester who will do all kinds of projects for me. I have this
service learning kid make up big folders with two sheets of tagboard and
the sides taped up. We just had a parent donate a box of packing tape
and glass tape that is really strong. I label the folders with artists
names and keep all the prints filed. I also keep laminated signs and
headings that I use to display artwork when we do a project based on
that artist. I have a file drawer with artists info and small prints in
the regular sized file folders. I also make folders for other
categories, still life, landscapes etc.. I use these folders for big
calender pages- I have one for butterflies, flowers, castles, etc..
These folder are all standing up in my clay room against the wall with a
heavy box of magazines to keep them upright now. BUT, my plan is for my
husband to build a wooden box mounted on wheels that the folders can be
filed in it and still moved if need be. I have the wheels, now if I can
just my husband to co-operate.
          Jeryl
ps. we have 6 more days and one 1/2 day. We special areas must teach
right up until the last day. We do get a break and don't have students
on the 1/2 day. And yes our librarian hasn't had kids for a week.

---