RE: Baking Architecture Recopies

---------

From: Alix Peshette (apeshette_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 13:28:46 PDT

Hi Mark,
What a great idea; cooking and architecture! How about buying graham crackers and using them as the base. Then buy or make royal icing as glue. Buy different candies for architectural elements; sticks, column, spheres, etc. Have the kids create a 'facade' of a building style. If you are really adventurous, have them do a complete standing building. Build these on cardboard sheets covered with wax paper or aluminum foil. If you are using icing in tubes, the kids could create scroll work with the icing on wax paper and then 'glue' it to the buildings with royal icing.

If all of this is outside of your budget, you can ask the kids to bring either a bag of candy or a tube of icing and then share. Take a tour of the candy isle and let your architectural creativity run wild.

It would be worth buying a box of disposible gloves for the kids, and maybe dress them in aprons.

-Alix