Re: Baking Architecture Recipies

---------

From: Sara Scheid (scheidsara_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 10:51:32 PDT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark Alexander
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 12:20 PM
  Subject: Baking Architecture Recipies

  Does anyone have any ideas combining architecture and baking?

  My 8th graders need to complete an architecture unit, to meet the curriculum. I've introduced them to the three architecture orders of the golden age of Greece, and we've done a photo trip through our town looking at the Greek revival arcitecture, and we've discussed how the ancient Greek architecture has influenced our local architecture.

  A large group of 8th graders wants to do a "Art Cooking" project (we have a full size kitchen range in the artroom, and a small fridge) I thought it might be fun to combine cooking with architecture.

  Ideas I have not yet boiled down: architectural details in gingerbread, gingerbread houses, etc?

  Any other ideas?

  Any recipies?

  Thanks in advance, Mark (who can cook, but isn't a baker)