Re: paper movies

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 08:40:22 PDT

"Sears, Ellen" wrote:

> I almost hate to say this because I keep sharing 'Martha' stuff and sound
> like a groupie - but in the recent issue of Martha Stewart Kids - there is
> a section on paper movies and 'how tos'... flip books, zoetropes,
> phenakistiscopes and thaumatropes...
> Ellen

These are great end-of-the-semester (or year) projects when you have to
keep them busy for a few days. Two books that are useful: Paper Movie
Machines by Budd Wentz, published by troubadour press (lower case); and
Making "Movies" Without a Camera by Lafe Locke, published by Betterway
Books. I gave a workshop at NAEA a few years ago where we made several
of these gadgets.

Maggie

---