flat files.....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 22:10:53 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
Someone mentioned "flat files". I give out a list of possible items that can
be donated at the beginning of the school year. I mention that ANYTHING they
want to donate is lovingly accepted. Two years ago I got 3 huge old copy
machines PLUS a double set of flat files. The copy machines were basically
worthless but the flat files...even though they were banged up...were
priceless. I sponged painted them orchid with white handles and the dings
disappeared with the painting. They work fabulous with all my picture files
as well as samples. I don't know WHAT I did without it!

As an aside...when they moved me back into the remodeled artroom, the moving
men struggled with them quite a bit. Two days later when I went to get
something out, I had to laugh because they had put them in the appropriate
place UPSIDE DOWN. We had to call the moving men back to flip these heavy
suckers back over.

If you're interested in getting some flat files, you might try calling some
architectural firms to see if they would have some old ones to donate. Or
maybe call your community business group to pass the word along to it's
members. It's worth the effort. Toodles....Bunki

---