Re: scratch art

---------

Holly112_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 20:42:31 PDT

In a message dated 5/12/02 10:22:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us writes:

> I like to work with white pencil on black paper first before we do scratch
> boards because they can get the idea of NOT outlining before they get the
> boards. Saves a lot of disappointing "first tries" and wasted boards.

You know what I found works well with scratchboard? Have students do a
sketch on newsprint first. When they are satisfied, have them place the
sketch on top of the scratchboard and retrace their drawing. When they lift
up the sketch, they'll see the indentation of the pencil line to use as a
guide. It especially looks great when you are teaching implied line! It
reduces fingerprints on the black surface and no drawn lines show!

Holly :0)

---