organizing art prints and posters

---------

skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 18:40:26 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan Kipp" <smkipp@pps.k12.or.us>
To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2002 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: End-of-the-year clean-up

> Leslie, I've been trying to organize my posters for two years. I can't
> decide whethter to put them by artist, medium, theme, elements/principles,
> technique,or?

I have all my art posters organized. I keep them in a built in cabinet with
about 6 huge, shallow drawers. I have them in the following categories:
still-lifes, portraits, groups of people, landscapes and abstracts. I have
two categories in each drawer. I separated the categories with a folded
sheet of brown craft paper. I wrote the category on the edge of the paper.
I don't know if you can quite picture this but I can find any print within a
minute. I'm going to do my small prints next year - probably in a filing
cabinet.
Hope this helps.
Sky in NJ

---