Re: End-of-the-year clean-up- posters

---------

From: Susan Kipp (smkipp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 18:03:10 PDT

Linda... I'm envious. I want some flat file cabinets. Large skinny cartons
is what I'm using. But I can't put too much in each because they get very
heavy very quickly. Around 98% of the posters are mine, so I want to be
able to move them out easily if I have to. I use a big book rack for
smaller posters and large calendars.
Thanksfor the category ideas.
Susan in OR

> a system that works for me. i was able to scrounge a couple flat file
 cabinets and now have about 10 drawers worth. (i used to use large
 cartons with poster board dividers but they had to be replaced every
 couple yrs because the old shorewoods are so heavy.) i have "sets" like
 the Take 5s, Discover Art, and Portfolio sets each in their own drawer.
 i put a list of the prints in each set on top of the pile in each
 drawer. Then i have a drawer for my calendar pictures and those small
 taaschen posters, and another drawer for my personal collection of
 large posters. The rest of the schools miscellany of prints are then
 divided into the following categories: landscape, portraits and people,
animals, still life, non-objective. i didn't want to mix up my personal
 things with the school's things in the event that i am transferred to
 another building. this hasn't happened in 5 years but with 22
 elementaries it's always a possibility. anyway, my system is organized
 enough that i can usually remember which category a particular print is
 in and put my hands on it fairly quickly.

---