Re: End-of-the-year clean-up- posters

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 04:04:56 PDT

on 5/13/02 4:47 AM, Susan Kipp at smkipp@pps.k12.or.us wrote:

> Leslie, I've been trying to organize my posters for two years. I can't
> decideŠ

i struggled with this problem for a long time and finally came up with a
system that works for me. i was able to scrounge a couple flat file cabinets
and now have about 10 drawers worth. (i used to use large cartons with
poster board dividers but they had to be replaced every couple yrs because
the old shorewoods are so heavy.) i have "sets" like the Take 5s, Discover
Art, and Portfolio sets each in their own drawer. i put a list of the prints
in each set on top of the pile in each drawer. Then i have a drawer for my
calendar pictures and those small taaschen posters, and another drawer for
my personal collection of large posters. The rest of the schools miscellany
of prints are then divided into the following categories: landscape,
portraits and people, animals, still life, non-objective. i didn't want to
mix up my personal things with the school's things in the event that i am
transferred to another building. this hasn't happened in 5 years but with 22
elementaries it's always a possibility. anyway, my system is organized
enough that i can usually remember which category a particular print is in
and put my hands on it fairly quickly.

---