chicago rejuvenation! and evil ancient egypt

---------

From: Karen Chilman (ChilArt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 17:29:56 PDT

Returned from a two day trip to Chicago, with my sons 6th grade class.Had a blast and am rejuvenated and ready to finish out the year.Today found a message that all of the work I have been doing to help my former student raise money to go to art school has not been in vain. An anonymous source contacted and will foot the bill! After the week from ^(**, with a parent screaming at me on the phone and a father (same student) demanding I be reprimanded or fired; it's good to have positives. These are the same ones that at the beginning of the year sent a note stating their child wasn't to study ancient egyptian art because it was evil. The same child that states, I can't do that, my Mom won't let me.The same that kept the child's spring pictures without paying for them, cut them and passed them out. "IT's okay, the government owes us!" The same ones that said, "Well, I'm not saying you are a witch or anything." while she's wearing a pentagram around her neck... and the same parents that say...she is my child and I believe her before YOU anytime...if she said you called that suicidal girl a bitch, and laughed at her, YOU DID.........Yes, I am counting the days How do we deal with "these" parents?

---