Re: How many more days/weeks?

---------

LMiller435_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 06:44:16 PDT

In a message dated 05/10/2002 5:22:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ARTNSOUL12@aol.com writes:

> TGIF...I, who has an abundance of energy, am exhausted! Today I taught
> grades K,4, 1,1, 3, and K, in that order, 40 min. back to back, doing (in
> this order) watercolor painting, ceramics-clay, cutting, gluing, collaging,
> plastercraft masks, and tempera painting. Isn't it the end of June yet?!?
>
> Susan on Long Island ---

Oh Susan! I though last Thursday was crazy when I began by mummifying a
chicken with the fourth grades, to tempera painting with the firsts, to coil
pots with the third graders. I was late for an all afternoon art meeting, and
when I got back to school after 5PM I couldn't the room was still standing!
Three hours later all cleaned up and ready for Friday I got home at 8:30 to
work on orders, due in a week and my still undone '01 taxes.

Summer? Time to prepare for a summer course I teach, get my studio in order,
maybe finish three commissions, my house mucked out and maybe cook hundreds
of "TV" dinners and lunches for next year!

Ken's post made me think... do I want school to end or do I want summer to
begin?

I wouldn't do another job, ever, but the administrators and mindset that
treats teachers as second class citizens has it's toll. Nice to be away from
that from 17 June until 26 August.

Leslie in Framingham, MA

---