Re: How many more days/weeks?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 08:26:47 PDT

        I've been looking at the varied responses to how many more days ?
I have 14 days to dry clay, fire and glaze and retire as well. And a lot
of art to try and get home. So much to do and so little time. I also
must
finish packing up the room for remodeling (air conditioning is coming).
        My biggest problem is that I missed 8 days from pneumonia and
this damn swollen ankle. I went to our Fine Arts Festival Thursday night
and taught yesterday, my kids are really tired of subs. A sub had to
guide
my 5th period in counting up Art Fair ballots. Little Maggie said the
sub
talked down to them by demonstrating how to make tally marks.
I explained to her that he was following my instructions to do just
that.
        I told my Doctor that his short term objective: is to have me healthy
for my painting trip to Taos in June. His long term objective: to keep me
alive to retire after next year. I didn't give him a rubric to evaluate
my progress by. I'm wearing sandels (no socks) now because shoes
don't fit. My doctor says it will fit my image better. I borrowed a tall
stool to sit on. How does anyone sit and teach ?????
        The triplet grandkids will be over for Mothers Day. So will my two
great grandsons. Fran's Mom will be here too. I hope that all of you out
there in ArtsEdNet Land have a very happy Mothers Day.
                So much to do, so little time, Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com