RE: National Board

---------

From: Martha Ulakovits (MSQU_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 05:33:37 PDT

RE: Are you writing
at all about VCAE for NB? From what I have read in the downloads from NB the
lessons and tapes are great but the reflection, analysis and thoughtfulness
are the key. I wonder if it is more important to be cohesive or current...
Beth

National Board Standards do not specifically require that you know what The
VCAE moment is about. I'm sure you have been to nbpts.org and are familiar
with the five core requisites. NB does not recognize one style or philosophy
of art education as "the standard." They do require you to explain why you
teach and plan the way you do based on your own philosophy. You can now go
to their website and download the portfolio entries in pdf. If you read
through them a pattern of thought will emerge.
Martha Ulakovits
NBCT 99

---