How many days?~long response

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 19:41:52 PDT

Hi all
  I go to June 21, yikes! I have been sporadically taking my personal days to work on the NBC...and that has broken up the 'weeks' for me....although I still had to work. Speaking about the NBC, the 'group' that I am doing this with is mostly all elementary teachers (none are art teachers), with one high school librarian in the mix. When they saw my videos they were stunned (and not because they were good), because of the nature of the vocabulary, content and higher order thinking skills they saw . Somehow they didn't think that was how art was taught....they were surprised at how little highschoolers talk as well. (I taped my advanced class first period in the morning, when they are comatose). I reminded them that if you point a camera at an elementary schooler they are still full of innocence and energy, whereas my highschoolers just glared at the camera holding their breath until the experience was over. One class did manage to act 'normal' during the time that I videoed myself walking around the room interacting with each one of them. Oh Well....I hope my written assessment and evaluation of what I saw in the video explains all to the official assessors...but at this point there is no turning back. The storyboarded picture sequence was much more successful, or at least I think so...

So....to put it mildly, I will be busy all the way up until the last day of school, with an art show, and a Gifted and Talented symposium of 48 students running workshops and putting on puppet shows....exhausted doesn't even begin to cover it...Don't forget to add HOT HOT HOT to the mix!

This summer I am fortunate to have the Zuni Indian whom I sponsor and his friend come stay with us on the East Coast for 1 month. I get to see the East Coast through their eyes as I play tour guide and Earth Mother at the same time.

San D

---