Re: demonstration camera

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 14:44:32 PDT

Henry writes

> So you want to use a camera to TV setup not a mirror. I hadn't thought of
> that possibility. I was stumped by the mirror problem too.
>
> OK you COULD just interface with a PC with
> 1 a webcam
> 2 and videocard with capability to output to the TV

Why bother with the technology?

just put your self on video
get somebody to tape your lessons and demos
and plop it into the VCR.

I can stand on my head naked a do a demo in front of the kids and they still
don't look
but if I put on a video on they pay attention.

Always threatening with my Photo classes that I'm going "on the road' and
just sending back videos for them to learn from.

If you have a video card in your computer all you have to do is hook the
camera to computer and output the TV and what you are demonstrating comes
across.

Sometimes I think slick technology resources undermine the the intention of
art making. I'd like not to reinforce the video generation. I want them to
gather round me and watch me up close and personal. I want them to hear me
oh and ah when my hands get into a material. I want them to know that art
making is about getting close and interacting with a substance. And I want
them to know that art making is about careful, close observation AND PAYING
ATTENTION.

Kids today
don't seem to matter what slick presentations we come up with
they still don't pay attention unless you Flash and got lots of bells and
whistles

Patty

---