Re: demonstration camera

---------

From: henry taylor (tortolitascom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 14:19:34 PDT

So you want to use a camera to TV setup not a mirror. I hadn't thought of
that possibility. I was stumped by the mirror problem too.

OK you COULD just interface with a PC with
1 a webcam
2 and videocard with capability to output to the TV

That would be slick.
Probably cost under $500. Probably WELL under that I'm being hyper
conservative. Videocard is the key and I don't know current prices
for a card with that output. My son's system has that option. (nice for
watching DVD's too)Might be pull it off for under 3 or even 2 hundred.

Just checked online:
An All In Wonder Radeon 7500 AGP 64MB DDR W/Remote might do it for around
$100 and a webcam for $20 up I find after a quick check on
http://www.pricegrabber.com/
Just add YOUR PC!

> Hello!
> Does anybody know where (maybe SAX CATALOG?) I can buy one of the
> demonstration cameras? Where it projects what you are demonstrating up onto
> the white overhead screen? I was thinking about one of those giant mirrors
> that they use to demo cooking techniques at the State Fairs, but it's too
> big, and I know that there is some kind of camera, smaller, that attaches
> onto the desk, projecting your lesson up on to the screen. Help? I have
> money, and want to buy, buy, buy!
> Kathy Tickner,
> Byron/Excelsior Middle School

---