Re: Question - Would I be out of line

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 03:39:03 PDT

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
>My kids have been looking forward to their final project in Art -
>creating a paper mache mask. Unfortunately, the art teacher was out
>today and there were not enough subs to go around. The coach covered
>her classes in PE, because the aids were not available to cover her
>classes due to testing. I'm considering offering to have the students
>do the first step of the masks building up the forms in my room early
>next week, so they will be able to paper mache them next Thursday and
>paint the last week of school (we only have 2 more Thursdays). Would
>that be out of line?

Are you asking if it would be out of line to help an art teacher by having the
class catch up (in your room with your time) on what they missed when she was
out? Can I come work at your school? I don't think it would be out of line,
but I'd ask the art teacher first. She may have already figured out an
alternative lesson or an adapted plan for that class.

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---