Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Speed-drying clay?

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 05:15:55 PDT wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good way to speed up the drying process for clay
> projects? The end of the year is rapidly approaching and I am up to my ears
> in damp greenware that needs to be bisqued.

I'm in the same boat and hopefully everyone finishes today. We have 3 weeks
to go. I'm going to run the kiln this weekend and store the drying
on shelves near it. After drying for 8-9 days, I will load the kiln.
Then, I will run
the kiln on low with the lid cracked open for 24 hours. The next day I
shut the
Lid and start the full firing. O yes, pray to the clay gods too.
                                                         Woody in KC

                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on
 my watercolors are at