Re: Speed-drying clay?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 05:15:55 PDT

ARopple@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good way to speed up the drying process for clay
> projects? The end of the year is rapidly approaching and I am up to my ears
> in damp greenware that needs to be bisqued.

I'm in the same boat and hopefully everyone finishes today. We have 3 weeks
to go. I'm going to run the kiln this weekend and store the drying
greenware
on shelves near it. After drying for 8-9 days, I will load the kiln.
Then, I will run
the kiln on low with the lid cracked open for 24 hours. The next day I
shut the
Lid and start the full firing. O yes, pray to the clay gods too.
                                                         Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com