Question - Would I be out of line

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 02:21:12 PDT

My kids have been looking forward to their final project in Art -
creating a paper mache mask. Unfortunately, the art teacher was out
today and there were not enough subs to go around. The coach covered
her classes in PE, because the aids were not available to cover her
classes due to testing. I'm considering offering to have the students
do the first step of the masks building up the forms in my room early
next week, so they will be able to paper mache them next Thursday and
paint the last week of school (we only have 2 more Thursdays). Would
that be out of line?

BTW - She was not singled out to not have a sub. She has had subs
before, but many subs are refusing assignments (or simply not answering
the phone). Several other teachers on campus have had the same problem,
sometimes they have divided a class between other classes other times
aids have covered.

BTW2 - ALL OF MY KIDS PASSED

Kimberly
"At times you may end up far away from home. You may not be sure of
where you belong anymore. Home is always there. It's wherever your
passion takes you" Sheridan to David Babylon 5 "Objects at Rest"

---