Our third grade sewing project (stuffed animals with embroidery) is no online

---------

From: linda (lwoods_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 20:27:57 PDT

They turned out GREAT!!!!!!!! Took about six weeks. Kids designed their
own patterns, pinned and cut out their own animals. Learned blanket
stitch, chain stitch, back stitch, buttons, sequins and french knots, and
a variety of other techniques. About ten moms per class came in over the
whole period. We had a great time. I could do this all year. Boys and
girls both loved it. I hung them from ribbons in our office windows (with
the ribbon taped to a cross bar across the top window panes, some hang
from the ceilings. THey wrote a little brief paragraph or poem about
them, and the writings were precious, too.

NOW I WANT TO CLOSE UP SHOP AND GO HOME! All of the long term projects in
every grade are over, and they're no fools...they're ready to go home too!

TO get to the website, click on the following link and scroll down the
page until you see the pictures of the stuffed animals. Click on it, and
you will find the whole group that can be opened up individually. How I
love Photoshop's "animate web gallery" button!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't
imagine how long it would take to manually do the magic that the
"automate" button can do in a minute or two! What a lifesaver that
invention was!

http://www.sjs.org/classes/lower/art/studentart2000.htmo.

Now to hold down the proverbial fort.

---