Re: scratch art

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 15:15:14 PDT

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:

>What subject matter or artists do you use for the actual lesson? I will
>thinking about Paul Klee as a starting point?

Last year I focused on the children's book illustrator Brian Pinkney. He uses
scratch board and I had some of the pre-made scratch board for the kids to use.
This year I did crayon engraving with a stained glass. / architecture sort of
unit. I showed the kids pictures of the rose window at Notre Dame and also
some modern stained glass. I have also done bugs- a pattern/ texture lesson.
My colleague art teacher is going Egyptian hieroglyphics on student prepared
scratch art paper this week.

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---