Re: tempera cakes

---------

MarshArt_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 13:40:07 PDT

jensando@yahoo.com writes:

> I have never used these before and want to use them
> while I am gone on maternity in the Fall. My question
> is how long do they typically last? Do they wear away
> quickly or can you get a good amount of usage?
> I appreciate all the info you can share.

I got alphacolor biggies two years ago and I can really say that they last!!
I buy refills for the trays and usually find that red, yellow and green get
used up more quickly, so get extra refills for these. I love the ease of
distribution, the time they save and the small amount of space they take up
since they stack. However, I do buy some Sax temperas, since they do look
better for things like masks, murals and other 3-D stuff, etc. The cakes are
great for painting on paper.

Marsha

---