Re: doing your own art work

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 05:11:32 PDT

> Larry, are you aware of any painting workshops in Napa
> Valley, CA? Or refer me to a source for researching this?
> Thanks.
> Judie

The hub in California...really seems to evolve around the Laguna Beach area.
There are some major shows there, and my cousin whom owns a house on the
hill overlooking the beach (inviting me to come out and paint btw), says
there is a two month show where artists work daily, and there are sales on
weekends of work done. As a painter, I could probably make a living just
participating there for two months and then exit to return home. Ah...who
knows, maybe someday!

At any rate, a couple painting groups that have national prominence are
California based...especially taking advantage of that state's history in
landscape painting in the late 1800's to early 1900's....

One very big group is PAPA...or "Plein Air Painters of America" and they
conduct workshops. Check out more info on their website....
http://www.p-a-p-a.com/

though it says "of America" in their name, it really involves and requires
the artists to make their pilgrimage to California! hee hee ahaha...
Some very top notch artists, and many do put on workshops with regular
schedules! Good luck!

Larry
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/l/lseiler/