Re: Website student photos

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 05:14:31 PDT

Heather Leal wrote:

> My district not only requires permission to use the internet, and to
> publish anything from a student on the web, but we are supposed to get
> signed permission each time we put their work on the web. We are not
> allowed to get a blanket permission to publish at the beginning of the
> year. Getting a note signed each time we want to post work just about
> seems like more trouble than it is worth to me. I am hoping they change
> thier minds soon as they see what others are doing.
> Heather

My district requires permission slips each time we go on a field trip or each
time we take students off of school property for an activity. I used to
use
one permission slip for the year. Because of the added hassle, I only took
students on one major trip this year. I even had to have permission slips
to take students to pick up their Scholastic Art Awards and to clean up the
Rosedale neighborhood. We are required to turn in the permission slips to
the office and carry a duplicate set with us in case something happens.
It's getting too complicated to bother, anymore.
                                                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com