RE: Nothing finer than Carolina

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 20:15:00 PDT

        Yes I am jealous - but when all is put together - KY comes pretty
close if you only have your Master's - I received my Rank I (30 hours over
Masters) pay raise there... and $2000 stipend - plus another $3000 to mentor
board candidates - yes I would just like the 12% without the mentoring... or
I would like to go to my sister-in-law and brother -in -law's district in
South Carolina... their state and district incentive together will mean
$12,500 each if they are successful candidates. And their fee was paid -

        I did it again this year - elementary this time since it is all I
teach now (and mentoring the new generation, I wanted to know what the
process was like with the changes)... my box has been in Texas since
March... and I took the test in March too - I do not envy you right now in
that respect!

        Enjoy,
        Ellen

> Nothing could be finer than doing national boards in North Carolina!
>
> Howdy fellow artsednetters! Sorry to brag but I'm just so thankful to be
> in
> NC while I'm working on national boards. I wanted to share it to pull some
>
> of you fantastic art teachers here to Carolina! NC pays the huge
> application
> fee, gives you 3 paid workdays with sub to work on it, and a 12% raise
> when
> you receive it.

---