Nothing finer than Carolina

---------

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 19:32:36 PDT

Nothing could be finer than doing national boards in North Carolina!

Howdy fellow artsednetters! Sorry to brag but I'm just so thankful to be in
NC while I'm working on national boards. I wanted to share it to pull some
of you fantastic art teachers here to Carolina! NC pays the huge application
fee, gives you 3 paid workdays with sub to work on it, and a 12% raise when
you receive it.

Today was my 2nd workday and it was wonderfully productive and relaxing-
yes, I said relaxing working on national boards (I got a little sun on my
deck while I was writing, rewriting, and sipping a couple of cold Coronas).
Because there's so many benefits to doing national board here, there's tons
of teachers in my area that are either doing it or have already been
certified. My school alone had 8 teachers last year who got certification.
Lots of people to vent with and read each others' stuff.

Even if I don't get this stuff the first go around, I feel I've got the
resources to figure out what the heck I did wrong next year. Because it's
such an absolutely exhausting challenge, I can't imagine being the only
teacher in my school- let alone district- doing national boards. After
e-mailing so many teachers going for national board who don't have the kinds
of resources we have in NC, I'm even more thankful I live here and wanted to
share it with my online buddies.

Plugging my tarheel birthplace,
Michelle in Raleigh, NC