Re: Visual Culture, Venus - esa

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 17:44:38 PDT

--- Esa Tipton <tmtartseducation@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I wouldn't worry about what to do first. Bring them
> all in at the same time - the images, the Barbie and
> the fetishes as an introductory discussion. Let them
> interpret and create their own version of a fetish.
> From there you can create the rituals and ceremonies
> they would be used in.

They??? I'm ready to begin today!

I,m thinking I'm getting a little more clear on the VC
picture.

Right after I sent my illogical assumption about
"Chrispin", I found your previous message that
mentions the book and the nature of the Chrispin
Satwell's "teaching non-western aesthetics." I just
didn't make the connection yesterday.

My professor shared the Duncum's "Clarifying VCAE"
with me. (hi professor out there on the digest....)

I'm thinking that your feelings regarding DBAE's
cognitive pitfalls may be a response to what's
referred to as the transmission model of teaching in
the article. I'd still be receptive to hearing more
about this. It's a fascinating area of research to
me.

I appreciate your input.

Dawn