Re: tempera cakes

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 15:20:50 PDT

I have used the cake tempera for 8 years now and love them. I purchase
replacement cubes of specific colors that seem to get used alot (like blue
and green). There are tricks to using them - I teach my students that if you
want light colors you use more water and if you want dark colors you make
more bubbles (the paint will bubble if you add water and stir awhile). You
can paint on paper with one color then paint over those colors with another
color and "mix" them right on the paper. You can use them like watercolors
or tempera. I still purchase liquid tempera for those specific projects that
seem to be more successful with liquid. My elementary paint cost consists
yearly of 1-2 boxes of replacement colors and 2 boxes of liquid tempera sets
(this covers 2 schools).
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids