Re: RE: Visual Culture art ed questions

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 22:28:56 PDT

--- "Michelle H. Harrell"
<michelle_h_harrell@hotmail.com> wrote:
> To (not really) answer Dawn's questions, I think we
> constantly re-evaluate
> art history every time we move forward. Just like
> every period in art
> history has tried to separate from what came before
> it, we are trying to see
> it again for the first time. I don't think the art
> museum will or should
> become inclusive for VCAE's sake but I think it will
> because artists are
> using contemporary means to express through
> "popular" images from our visual
> culture.

Michelle -

I'm still a little inclined to believe the reason it
has even sprung up here, (if I'm understanding
correctly) goes back to those artists who did drag it
into the art world...

I'm pretty sure this is entirely contradictory to what
someone was previously pointing out about the artist
as some sort of hero, but some of these guys really
are/were geniuses in my opinion.

Dawn