Re: RE: Visual Culture art ed questions

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 14:32:12 PDT

"Western aesthetics is the only
tradition that performs this particular set of
exclusions."
Western aesthetics is heaped in prejudice

> "broader definition of art, one that
> makes art a way of making or experiencing things
> rather than a set of objects or genres or geniuses or
> institutions."

The object is our only visual clue.
intellectualizing the "object" without preconceptions is the problem.

Just what is the paradigm that is being suggested?

I think
the problem is in art teacher education.

don't hit us art teachers with some kind of new jargon until it's absolutely
thought out on the university level and and training -- training true to
the initiative is instituted

somewhere, somehow, here, I think the art teacher who practices from a
knowledge base that understands what creative thinking is all about is being
forgotten.

Jeeze, I wish I knew how I ever got to be an artist without all this
intellectualism of the process.

Just do it!!!!

Patty

---