RE: our lives (jobs) and art

---------

From: Weis, Klara (KWeis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 09:43:10 PDT

Susan, I am new to this site and I have been enjoying reading all the
comments about why we chose to teach art. I have taught 35 years now and
should be ready to retire but can't. Am single parent who just had son
finally graduate from college and is earning his own money. All the time
that I spend at school is unbelievable. Your letter is forcing me to really
let go of school and start thinking of myself. I have no money yet to take
classes, but at least I am thinking about it. Creating space in my house
for my art is another matter to think about. Its great to hear other
stories. I grew up in Albany, but have been here in Seattle for the last 27
years. Klara