Re: Book recommendation-Artemisia

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 04:32:51 PDT

Hi Susan,

    The Columbus Museum of Art owns an orignal painting by Artemisia
Gentileschi--David and Bethsheba(sp?). I believe it is now on loan to the
major exhibit at the Met on Artemisia and her dad Orozio. There is an
article about them in the current issue of Smithsonian Magazine, which
mentions the Vreeland book. Summer reading indeed for me. Thanks for the
review!

            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

> Hi, all,
> I wanted to let you know that I just read " The Passion of Artemisia" by
> Susan Vreeland and it was WONDERFUL. It is about a woman painter in
> post-Renaissance Italy.

---