Re: Searching for a few quality short term projects for---elementary/middle.

---------

From: linda (lwoods_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 17:20:57 PDT

Ann, these do NOT sound cookie cutter to me. We had an illustrator (can't
think of his name right now) come to our school this year...he won a
Caldecot for his illustrations with shadow puppets. His techniques were
amazing. I remember thinking I MUST do that sometime, and didn't take any
notes. I remember he used an opaque projector and paper and worked behind
a screen of paper, but he had TONS of unique (to me) and innovative
techniques for playing with scale and so on. I'll bet the kids remember
more about it than i do. I'll have to see what happens with that one, but
it sounds like fun. Please, if you know some of the TRICKS to this, post
them. It looked like SO much fun. I thought they could make up their own
little play in groups and we could take turns watching each other's little
plays. Would probably take a couple weeks...sounds good. Thank you for
your answers, I liked all of them.
LInda

---