Re: Searching for a few quality short term projects for elementary/middle.

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 16:49:36 PDT

    Well, I am probably showing my age here, but if you can get a hold of a
supply of slide mounts, blank or with film intact, the kids will enjoy
making their own slide shows.
     Another possibility for a short term lesson is silhouette puppets that
can be projected on to a regular movie screen.
    As an extension to a Surrealism lesson, the children can manipulate two
separate images (from magazines) that are incongruent in size relationship.
For instance, a picture of a large iron travelling over a bridge. My
students love creating and writing about these montage images. For details
of these lessons, contact me off list if you are interested. I stand accused
by some on this list of providing "canned cookie cutter" lessons.

        Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

> Now....I want to hear your short ideas. Especiallyl at this time of
> year...some class will finish early with only a few days left...Let's help
> each other out with those few days! (That can seem like an eternity!)

---