Re: doing your own art work

---------

From: wjb (wjbaas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 13:31:32 PDT

Pablo90512@aol.com wrote:

> What if I couldn't think what to create, wonder if my old skills failed me?
> Ideas? I realize fear was holding me back. I was out there all of 10
> minutes and the ideas started flowing...and so did the interruptions.

Amazing how that ol creative spirit kicks in , isn't it?
I decided to commit myself to a local art show. I haven't entered anything in a
professional jurried shoo for years.
This time I decided I was going to MAKE time to complete 2 pieces. Took a lot
of committment, and letting other household things slide,but I got them done
and was in tears when I recieved an award for one of those last night at an
opening. Double honor since it was given on behalf of an old friend and
colleague whom I respected as an artist, administrator of the arts, and friend
who recently passed away after a very short retirement. It's so rewarding to
create--even if it's just for yourself.

Gelato