Re: Flip cubes

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 10:43:15 PDT

I have made flip cubes using 4 cubes. We make ours out of tagboard using the
basic cube pattern. The trick is in attaching them together - lay all 4
cubes in a row side by side. Tape the top on the two end cubes. Then tape 1
side of the center two cubes. I have my students paint on the cubes after
they are attached - otherwise they get too confused. For the lesson part I
give the students 6 different assignments - one for each side of the cubes.
Primary colors/geometric shape design, secondary/irregular shapes,
monochromatic concentric circles, etc. I purchased a 8-cube flip box with
frogs on it - I figure one of these days I'll study it to see how it goes
together and really challenge the kiddos!
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids