finals

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 11:42:12 PDT

Last week there was some discussion and several good ideas on finals for
high school kids.
I just came across this and think I will use a variation for my final:
   http://painting.about.com/library/projects/blpaintingproject3.htm

and I also have a written
my written has nothing to do with standards or objectives
fits no where into assessment
but makes them think!
it includes questions like:
   How do you feel about rust?
   Describe the universe, give three examples
   Where does the white go when snow melts?
   Who do you make art for?
   Where does your art go?

Of course my final is totally subjective and everybody passes. and I have
no intentions of quizzing to the standards only want to make them think.
Somebody, somewhere helped me think outside the box and boy am I glad

elements and principles, and even technique, only become important once you
get out the box.

Patty, sitting around on this most gorgeous day thinking of new questions to
ask

---