Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Website student photos

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 05:22:21 PDT

Getting signed releases is a pain in the but, still it's a good idea to
do it.
Every district is different. I know one district that requires releases
for photos in the yearbook. What a pain these lawyers are nowadays.
I send home a form the moment they enter my class. I flag my attendance
book as to who I can publish and who I can not. Showing the students in
the "process" of learning is very important to understanding an art program.
"Active Engagement" is a new buzz word in our district, nothing new to
an art class. When I'm short of time and parent permission I shoot hands
engaged in work. It's very effective, Woody in KC wrote:
> Could someone share about getting student releases to show photos on a
> website of students working in art class? Is it required? Should I avoid
> using student photos and just go with artwork?
> Beth

                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on
 my watercolors are at