Re: doing your own art work

---------

From: Esa Tipton (tmtartseducation_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 00:36:45 PDT

Excellent post, Patty. I would add to your final
comment that flower arranging is probably not art as
taught in U.S. public schools.

But flower arranging as taught in Japan as part of the
tea ceremony, is a complex set of aesthetic principles
and decisions which takes years to learn. In this
sense, flower arranging is probably a form of
aesthetic art most western eyes are not descriminating
enough to decipher. Again, the need for visual
culture!