RE: measuring art teacher excellence

---------

From: Cindi Hiers (suwanneecrew_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 08:43:08 PDT

--- "Sears, Ellen" <ESears@Anchorage.k12.ky.us> wrote:
> Maybe the creation of art - but not the teaching of
> children - assessing,
> communication, instructional practices?
> Ellen

And it is also NOT about competition, for me anyway.
We know there are allot of crappy teachers out there,
FCAT (or what ever standardized testing you have)
might "help" in getting those nasty academic
instructors out of our schools but there is nothing in
play for the arts. A bad art teacher can do major
damage to both the child and an art program. My intent
it not to get rid of anybody, or even critique any
other teachers abilities, but help in designing some
type of performance standard/s for future use in our
county. I appreciate the conversations. Thanks.
Cindi