Re: I am a little upset, calm me

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 19:08:14 PDT

We're having that problem here also but they want to have the vo/tek
classes work as fine arts---because they can do ornamental welding I
guess. The real thing that's going on here is that the standards and
their testing is making school districts require more core classes and the
various electives are being squeezed--teachers are being rifted, therefore
they are trying to find ways to broaden requirements to maintain their
programs. We're all competing for the same kids, and with most college
prep programs, it's not the college bound kids. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #
# Elko, NV 89801 #