Re: I'd love you to share......

---------

MarshArt_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 17:29:22 PDT

LMiller435@aol.com writes:

> I have taken a nice sunny room in an old manufacturing plant that has
> wonderful artists in it. It is the most organized part of my life, my paper
> cutting and my bookmaking happily live side by side. I am even beginning
> to bring school plants to my studio. I love it!

Oooo. I am so jealous. I'd love to paint in an art community. I find the
encouragement and the creative atmosphere fuels me. I have mixed emotions
about the summer break. I love the idea about being away from the kids and
teaching. My kids are married so the house is quiet. So, I also find summer
isolating. Being a people person, most of my friends (even art teacher
friends) work and I do not have the camaraderie I'd like. Summer is a time I
can have to catch up on friendships. But it doesn't happen!
Things here in FL slow down in summer. People go north, or on vacation or
hole up in their houses to get away from the heat. I inquired about doing
hospice nursing a few days a week but their offers were too complicated for a
person who only wants 2 days a week for 6 weeks. I may do volunteer work for
people contact and still paint for shows in the fall. But I want to "play"
too.

Marsha

---