Re: I am a little upset, calm me

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 16:30:31 PDT

Aust ArtClasses wrote:

> I was informend , but not good source, that someone within my district was
> trying to see about getting state to say that Floral design (through
> career tech path) could could as a fine arts credit. I just dont see the
> TEKS being accomplished through this class.

I don't know what TEKS is, but you no doubt have state standards for
art. Would a class in floral design meet those standards?

BTW, floral design is not just those stiff, formulaic FTD bouquets. I
personally believe there IS true design and artistry involved in
creating those magnificent, expensive displays. And the traditional
Japanese designers have very precise criteria for mixing sizes, colors,
textures, etc.

Maggie

---