Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: I am a little upset, calm me

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 16:30:31 PDT

Aust ArtClasses wrote:
> I was informend , but not good source, that someone within my district was
> trying to see about getting state to say that Floral design (through
> career tech path) could could as a fine arts credit. I just dont see the
> TEKS being accomplished through this class.

I don't know what TEKS is, but you no doubt have state standards for
art. Would a class in floral design meet those standards?

BTW, floral design is not just those stiff, formulaic FTD bouquets. I
personally believe there IS true design and artistry involved in
creating those magnificent, expensive displays. And the traditional
Japanese designers have very precise criteria for mixing sizes, colors,
textures, etc.