I am a little upset, calm me

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 15:37:09 PDT

I was informend , but not good source, that someone within my district was
trying to see about getting state to say that Floral design (through
career tech path) could could as a fine arts credit. I just dont see the
TEKS being accomplished through this class. I took it as a slap in the
face, that getting fine arts credit is not something that has much value.
 They are trying to get permission to do this. First of all, why was I
not asked as District Art Coordinator.

Would this bother anyone else. I can see maybe a Art I course that keyed
on sculpture and you could get all the TEKS in Texas in but Floral Design.

Jackie Aust
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org
jab1997@bryanisd.org