Re: Visual Culture & Students

---------

From: henry taylor (tortolitascom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 13:11:44 PDT

> Cindy, I, too, am following this this VC/DBAE thread with great interest.
> But so far it seems to be concentrated in the high school realm. I'm
> wondering how this is applicable to my K-5ers.
> Susan in OR

Me too Susan. I don't know if you noticed the Kevin Tavin piece in the
NAEA paper that came out before this years convention -- "The end of Art
Ed as We Know it (and I feel fine)" but I'm not sure how I would build a
unit "informed by" Queer Theory for my K-5's or if my principal would
approve it.

-h

---