Re: Digital cameras and archives

---------

From: linda (lwoods_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 18:46:58 PDT

We have 11 Sony Mavicas spread around our k-12 school. I have my own in
the art room, Science has one, the tech person has one, K has one, Middle
school has theirs and upper school has the rest. I teach photography on
Fridays to 4th and 5th graders. Thursday mornings I send out the
reminders to everyone to charge up the batteries so we can use them. It
has worked great. I LOVE the Mavicas, and kids have learned to use them
effectively as well. The disk option is great, and there is a newer one
that actually has a CD in it! I want that one!!!

I just found out that next year we will finally all have laptops, and I am
getting a Video/Powerpoint projector!!!!!!! Yahoo. I know what I'll be
doing this summer....making power points out of all the AWESOME ideas I've
been collecting from you all since I discovered this treasure trove idea
sharing fest in December. I think of my favorites box as a charm
bracelet...I keep collecting charms from all of you that I will work on
over the summer. Next year will be so exciting when I implement so many
new ideas.

I think I mentioned earlier that my 5th graders were making papier mache
chairs..."when is a chair more than a chair?" They turned out
BEAUTIFULLY, and we had our chair show the other day with parents invited,
whole school invited at lunchtime to picnic in the grass and see
everyone's chairs before their parents took them home. It was great fun.
I'm working on the web page now, so look for it in a few days.

---