Re: doing your own art work

---------

From: linda (lwoods_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 18:34:49 PDT

Laurie, I can't wait to work on my metalsmithing this summer, as well! I
LOVE etching and stone setting, making bracelets, pendants and so on.
This year I taught my 6th graders to etch and hammer copper bracelets and
brass pins and bookmarks. THey were GORGEOUS and sooo much fun for them
to make. Talk about pride in their work!!! I bought a drill press at Ace
Hardware (for only 99 dollars) for my classroom so that we can drill holes
in the bracelets and bookmarks next year and dangle stuff off of them. It
has a lock on it so nobody can use it but me. I have a ten year
dream....in ten years (or less, if I am REALLY lucky), I will be living in
a coastal Pacific town, making jewelry for a living. This summer I'm
going to try to start selling it. I notice you said you live in Texas?
I'm in Houston, where are you living?

---