Re: Chromacryl paint pump

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 17:26:48 PDT

Hi Jane,

    I have used the Chromacryl school acrylics for over twenty years! In
addition to easy distribution for painting(they don't spill like tempera,)
we use them for silkscreen and relief printmaking. For the relief printing
you will need to get foam brayers. Replacement foam can be purchased once
you have the handles. I dispence the paint from the half gallons into Cool
Whip type bowls and use a large tongue depressor to serve out paint onto
recycled frozen meal trays. For a year I tried the pumps, but decided my
original bowl system worked better for my room and class schedule.
Chromacryls are great for covering over oil crayons to make crayon etching
plates. In answer to another post about retrieving the remaining bottom
layer of paint, I use a razor blade to cut off the top of the bottle, then
use a spatula to clean out all the paint in the bowl and lid top and put it
into a bowl with lid as mentioned above. The Chromacryl bottles make good
storage and mixing containers.

            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

> Are chromacryl paints any good? I'd much rather use them than anything in a
> tube with my students because the tubes seem so wasteful. Jane

---