It is over

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 16:51:56 PDT

DEC - district evaluation and compliance was at our school today. I
walked into my classroom which I spent an hour cleaning yesterday
evening. All my desks were stacked up against the wall tables moved
around, and carpet soaking WET! The room stank. They turn off the ac in
the evening, so the wet carpet sat there in the humid Houston air (this
morning we could smell the gulf salt air). I got the desk back in place,
and they brought in blowers to dry the carpet both in my room and the
room across the hall. I was dealing with the complaints of the kids, one
of the kids asked permission to take an AR test. I said ok, she turned
on the computers - and the breaker blew. When the GT teacher came and
picked up 1/2 the kids (THANK GOD she hasn't come in a month on Sundays
because she was getting ready for DEC). I took the other 1/2 to the
library to work on their social studies project. When they came back we
had math in the cafeteria, then reading in the court yard. It started to
get very hot, by 11:00 we went back to the room. The power was back on
the left side of the room (the right side did not go out). The blower
with the window and door open and gotten rid of the smell. Turns out
they only talked to GT coordinator, the administrators, 1 GT teacher,
4-5 Bilingual/ESL teachers. We have been drilled for meeting after
meeting on special ed. The stuck their heads in the Life Skills class
and asked the aid how it was going, and never even talked to the spec.
ed teachers on either side of me.

The important part is it IS OVER.

Kimberly
"At times you may end up far away from home. YOu may not be sure of
where you belong anymore. Home is always there. It's wereever your
passion takes you" Sharidan to David Babylong 5 "Objects at Rest"

---